Saturday, May 12, 2012

There are days, maybe even a week or more, when I just can't find it in me to write.  I used to beat myself up over that fact.  "I should be writing!  I'll never find an agent or a publisher if I don't finish this book!"  Etc.

But you know something...all that did was add to my stress levels.  Yes, I do try to write every day.  It helps to get into a groove and keep it going.  But I also have four children, a big dog that needs a lot of attention, and a horse.  Oh, and did I mention the severe chronic pain?

Sometimes something has to give.  As long as the kids, dog, and horse are fed, and the kids have clean faces and hands, there are days when I have to call it Enough.  And I won't apologize for that.  If that means I never get published, well...my family really is more important, as much as I would hate to give up on this dream.

However, in the spirit of Mother's Day, I give you this.  I only have one son, but I grew up with three brothers.  It's funny cuz it's true.


No comments:

Post a Comment